Frequently Asked Questions
Let Our Ventura County Heating & Air Conditioning Experts Help!
Below you will find answers to the questions we get asked the most when servicing residential air conditioners. If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to, call us at (805) 954-9195 or please use the contact us page form. We’d love to hear from you!
What brands do you service and install?
- Our team services and installs all makes and models, though we are proud Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealers.
Are there financing options available for HVAC systems?
- We know that sometimes HVAC service simply cannot wait, even if a new system is not in the budget this month. This is why we offer a variety of financing options to suit our customers’ needs.
How do I know what size equipment I need?
- Sizing HVAC equipment to a particular property is a complex process that takes many variables into account. Fortunately, our experts have the experience and resources necessary to find the perfect system for your needs. We can come to your property and provide you with a free written estimate.
What is a programmable thermostat?
- This system allows you to establish a schedule that automatically adjusts the temperature of your home based on the time or day of the week. For example, you can set it to be at a more moderate, energy-friendly temperature on weekdays while you are at work, but the property will be comfortable when you get home.
How often does my air conditioner require maintenance?
- We recommend that most HVAC systems receive routine maintenance twice a year to ensure that it is operating at maximum efficiency and to identify any budding problems before they grow into larger issues. Our maintenance plans include multi-point tune-ups and are competitively priced.
What does the SEER rating mean?
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and is a rating system to grade the efficiency of HVAC equipment. Consumers should look for systems with higher SEER ratings, which means the unit has greater energy efficiency.
What is a ductless mini-split?
- Ductless mini-split systems are units that can provide precise comfort control in individual rooms without the hassle or expense of extending a property’s ductwork to the new room. They are extremely efficient and excellent solutions for home additions, garages, and workshops.
What is a BTU?
- A BTU, or British Thermal Unit, refers to how much energy is required to produce heat. It is used to express the efficiency of HVAC equipment, as well as appliances such as water heaters or fireplaces which produce heat.
Have further questions? Call our team of Ventura County HVAC experts at (805) 954-9195 today to speak to one of our technicians.